Tuesday, October 31, 2017

A little bit about me.

Although I haven't seen my pedigree written down yet, I am told my father is Koktobel de Grande Vinko, who is the son of Oksamit de Grande Vinko with an outstanding pedigree. My father's pedigree can be seen at:



My mother is called Gimena and a wonderful mother she was giving us all the care and attention she could.

Margaret and Colin, came to check out my mother and her surroundings 2 weeks before I was born.


My mother is the dobe to the right in the photo above, the other is her sister, Pandora lying on Colin's feet, who was to give birth in 4 weeks time being pregnant by my father, although my mother was the better of the two.

And so we were born on 17th July. José, the breeder, sent photos to Margaret and Colin.


I'm probably in that photo somewhere.

Here's the bit I find strange. Originally Margaret and Colin said they wanted a female. When we were born 2 of us were black and 4 of us were brown so one of my brown sisters was assigned to them. Her name was Sasha. 


This was the name Margaret and Colin had chosen. They stated that they did not want the ears cut but agreed to have the tail docked so Sasha was the only one in the litter not to have her ears operated on. Margaret and Colin even visited us and saw Sasha 12 days after we had been born.


As you can see from the photo above, Sasha almost had her eyes open. 

José sent photos of us regularly to Margaret and Colin...


...and he sent short video clips...


...so they could see how we were progressing.

Then, the day before Margaret and Colin were due to collect Sasha, she escaped from our box and ate all of our mother's food. She became very ill and had to be taken to the local veterinary surgery where she had an operation on her intestines.

A couple of days later, while Sasha was still in the hospital, Margaret and Colin arrived and chose me instead. I'm a male, they initially wanted a female, and I've got my ears clipped which they chose not to have done. But, they chose me and I am here now.

No comments:

Post a Comment